I think to myself, “Another day, another 40 posts to review. Does it have to be so many?” That sort of volume is why I stopped following MetaFilter. But there are days like today, where you get this:
And, being the Internet and all, this spoof is naturally part of a meme that includes Hitler going apeshit at the theft of his car and Hitler freaking out after he’s banned from Xbox Live (my favorite). For what it’s worth, the underlying Bruno Ganz performance from the film Downfall is really excellent.
Also making it worth the effort on BB today:
- High praise for the just-made-free Bruce Sterling novella
- Sherwood Anderson story mixed with Second Live machinima
- A graphic designer’s obsessive year-in-review presentation
- This letters from prostitutes and johns project
- Interview with Michael Pollan